Smoking for 6 hours a day is equivalent to smoking more than a pack of cigarettes, studies reveal that it can affect the heart by increasing cholesterol and fat levels, and the likelihood of type 2 diabetes.
The good news is that even small amounts of physical activity during the day greatly reduce the risks to your heart. Here are some simple suggestions, courtesy of our health partners, Apollo hospitals and their initiative: Billion Hearts Beating.
1. Get up every 20 minutes, even for a minute or two.
2. Stand when you are in a short meeting.
3. Replace long emails with one-on-one walks.
4. Do stretches and simple exercises on your desk.
5. Go to the recreation center for a quick game or workout.
Make a promise to #StandForHeartHealth #smokingvssitting #alcoholvssitting #donutsvssitting #burgersvssitting #fastfoodvshealthylifestyle #physicalexercise #streches #peace #healthylifestyle
Video credits to samadswati YouTube channel